Dallas Stars forward Tyler Seguin is expanding his off the ice partnerships with an eye on the future.
On Monday, Seguin released his first five NFTs capturing several key moments from his career.
“In a world that’s becoming increasingly digital – especially during these times – NFTs are a great way to be able to connect with fans on a new level,” Seguin said in a statement.
Seguin joins the ever-growing NFT market. The NBA has already fully embraced non-fungible tokens with NBA Top Shot, which Mavs superstar Luka Doncic is poised to dominate.
What is an NFT? SportsDay’s Callie Caplan explains: “Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are unique, non-interchangeable digital files on a blockchain, the cryptocurrency technology that can track the ownership and transactions of each item.
“NFTs can exist in several forms, including art, audio, or — in Top Shot’s case — video.”
The five NFTs Seguin released through Fanaply are as follows:
- Official TS Tattoo NFT – which comes with a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Dallas, TX, including VIP tickets, behind the scenes access and meet and greet with Seguin at an upcoming home game for two people, access to a pre-game practice for two people and a signed jersey
- Official First Cup Win NFT – which commemorates Seguin’s first Stanley Cup win during his rookie season in 2011, featuring the rare black and gold colors he only wore for two seasons, and includes a phone call from Tyler Seguin, if the $10,000 minimum bid is met
- Official First Pro Goal NFT – which commemorates Seguin’s first professional goal in the NHL and includes a signed puck by Tyler Seguin
- Official Tyler Seguin NFT – which illustrates Seguin’s various faces while proudly playing in the green jersey #91
- Official 40 Goals Puck NFT – which commemorates a career high milestone for Seguin, his 40th goal of the 2017-2018 season
These will be released for sale or auction beginning Monday at 11 a.m. The Official TS Tattoo NFT is up for auction starting at $25,000 and there is only one available. The First Cup Win NFT will have nine available and will auction starting at $1,000.